And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man. Those were the words of Christ in Luke 17:26. And many believe that’s what we’re seeing now.
In the days of Noah, violence filled the earth (see Genesis 6:5-13). Mankind was corrupt and God was grieved. The result: a flood that wiped out every living thing except Noah, his family and the animals God instructed him to bring into the ark. God promised never to flood the earth again, but that didn’t mean an end to violence.
Jesus warned the love of many would grow could in the period before His return (see Matthew 24:12). And many believe we’re seeing that now. I’ve never witnessed such vitriol in the church. I’ve never witnessed so much anger, so much offense, and so much irresponsibility. True intercessors aren’t getting into arguments in this hour—they are getting on their knees in prayer.
With FBI reports of armed protests being planned in all 50 state capitals—and Washington, D.C.—in the days leading up to the inauguration, more violence seems almost certain—unless we take the authority God has given us in prayer to intervene. Five people died as rioters stormed the U.S. Capitol Jan. 6. The outcomes here could be worse if the enemy has his way.
We need to pray. Here are some prayer points to prime the pump.
- Repent for your sins and the sins of the land.
- Cry out in the name of the Prince of Peace to break into the violent plans of the enemy and those influenced by demonic forces who would try to bring death and destruction in U.S. capitals.
- Ask God to encounter the hearts of those who are so angry they may have open doors to violent thoughts and commit violent deeds.
- Plead the blood of Jesus over America.
- Bind the spirit of violence.
Pray for wisdom in leadership of capital cities.
- Pray for law enforcement officers who are on high alert.
- Pray against the spirit of fear and trauma working to grip the nation.
- Pray for a spirit of repentance to wash over the nation.
- Pray for God’s kingdom to come and His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Awakening Prayer Hubs is looking for 1,000 prayer warriors to raise up as prayer leaders—prophetic solutionists to problems in your city and nation. Start a hub or launch a hub. Find out more at awakeningprayerhubs.com.