When you think of college campuses, you may think of frat parties, the Freshman 15 weight gain, or antisemitism, which is rearing its ugly head at universities around the world.
But consider this: 66% of American college graduates identify as Christian, according to the Pew Research Center. That’s encouraging, but it’s not all good news. Only 51% of these surveyed graduates report praying daily, and 61% of the students “seldom/never” participate in prayer, scripture study, or religious education groups.
In other nations, the percentage of college graduates who identify as Christian are even lower. And a North Carolina State University study of 122 colleges and universities found that fewer than half of them have religious accommodation policies for students. That means faith is not encouraged. In many cases, it’s discouraged.
We need a student awakening on college campuses that spills over into the faculty, administration, and every other employee. We need a great awakening on college campuses. God has done it before and I believe He will do it again.
This month, Awakening Prayer Hubs theme is a College Student Awakening. Join the movement at www.awakeningprayerhubs.com. If you are a student on a high school or college campus, apply for a student prayer hub and let me equip you at www.awakeningprayerhubs.com/students.
- Pray for an open heaven over college campuses.
- Pray Christians on campuses—whether students or employees—will carry a heart posture of worship and adoration of Christ.
- Pray for the fullness of the power and presence of Jesus Christ on college campuses.
- Pray for signs, wonders and miracles to break out on college campuses.
- Pray for an accurate view of the glory and majesty of Jesus Christ amid the student population.
- Pray for a renewed passion and an intimate affection for Jesus Christ.
- Pray students will have an open heart to receive Christ. Ask God to remove the scales and blinders from their eyes.
- Pray the students and campus officials would embrace a heart posture of humility when dealing with lost souls.
- Pray for a turning away from anything that would hinder a strong relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Pray for religious liberties to remain strong on college campuses.
- Pray for a revelation of the unfailing love, comfort and adoption of the Father through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for students to joyfully share the hope of Christ’s love through generous acts of compassion and evangelism.
- Pray for students to defend the defenseless and care for the orphans and the widows.
- Pray for students to finish the remaining task of evangelizing every tongue, tribe and nation in this generation for the glory and pleasure of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the safety of students and employees on college campuses.
Want to go deeper with us in prayer for revival and major issues in cities around the world? If you can pray just thirty minutes a month for your city, you qualify.
Awakening Prayer Hubs is looking for 1,000 prayer warriors to raise up as prayer leaders in the nations. Launch a hub, join a hub or sponsor a hub at www.awakeningprayerhubs.com
If you are a student on a high school or college campus, apply for a student prayer hub and let me equip you at www.awakeningprayerhubs.com/students.
*We adapted these prayer points from the Collegiate Day of Prayer.